Friday, December 27, 2013

Music and Changelogs- 12/27/2013

For those of you following (<3 my viewers from around the globe!), I got the changelog up. If you're curious about the little stuff, that's the place to go and take a look since it'll feature most everything.

Big things this time around?

Well...





A) I decided to make a fun character who'll be mostly useless in combat compared to other characters, but still a nice addition earlier on. Obviously I have no idea on how to keep a dog from using items, so we'll just say he's really smart? lol


Aside from that, the big updates are probably that I have ~57 MB worth of music that I'll be periodically adding, and that I more or less glomped together the game's religion... Yes, I have double the current game file size in music to potentially add, and yes, I actually wrote up a legit story for the gods/goddesses of Corrupted Honor.

I like music. I'm a choir boy at heart, so I want this game to feel as immersive as a pixelated game can possibly feel. That means full-blown badass fantasy music ripped from awesome games like Icewind Dale, Baulder's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Morrowind, etc. If the music doesn't sound good and doesn't seem to mix with the rest of the atmosphere, it won't be added. Simple as that. I realize that this fact may piss off some folks as music isn't everyone's favorite subject, and it definitely makes the file size much bigger than it would otherwise be, even after accounting for all the sexy bits that'll be added later on.



Anyways, have a screenshot of the added shops.



And a sneak peak into the distant future!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, mate, it's The ToG (That One Guy), didn't know you were makin a game on your free time. If you need a tester or more of an audience, you gotta post your game up for people to see and read about and, eventually, play and critique to make it better. I didn't know about this until I looked at your signature and saw the development blog, now that's a big no-no, I should have known much sooner.

    Well, i'm ramblin now, expect me to check in now and again because remember: Just because you don't have followers doesn't mean you actually don't have followers, I happen to like to remain anonymous with my real name and my emails confidential.

    Your's truly,
    The ToG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I posted in the general discussion thread, but I'm refusing to post in the creative corner until I have a workable demo (chapter 1) complete.

      That being said, I'll keep yah in mind. I'm going to eventually need two bug testers and 2-3 editors (to look over story elements and such more than bugs).

      Delete