Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Update 12/25/2013

I don't celebrate it myself, but Merry Christmas, folks!

I wish I had something I could release to ya'll, but unfortunately creativity has its limits and there are time constraints.

I need to get that changelog page in, I know I promised it, I'm working on it.

I've completed about ~7 pages worth of notes towards basic plot before working out scenarios and everything, so we'll see where that goes. Gathered a ton of sprites for use as well! I also got done three areas that'll be key to the early-on plot and began work on the overland.





I've decided I'm going to call the continent they're on Mesh'la, which I'm sure the star wars'y folks'll catch on to, heh.




Finally, I established the first potential love interest/partner in adventuring: Aurren. It's assumed that you two dated for a bit and decided to end it because of various reasons.



Aurren has seen... A lot of work. He started out as Chaotic Good Berserker, then a Neutral fighter, then a lawful good knight... 

Well, turns out I didn't like any of those ideas and they felt too much like a rehash of Lendell (who I got mostly negative feedback about). Since Aurren will be the "main" (*cough* cannon *cough*) love interest, I figured I needed to splice him up with some personality. He'll be the guy who makes the idea of Lawful Neutral fun by throwing in the occasional (controlled/reserved) chaotic act. Aurren is officially a mercenary.

What is a mercenary? Well a mercenary is whatever the hell I want it to be. In this case though, a mercenary is a guy who combines the ranger and rogue class ideas into one gun-toting dagger-stabbing badass who drinks his coffee straight black.

More as I get it done. Goal is to have a "workable" game (even if lacking in the sex department) by the time I release, then go back and add in all those sexy bits and such.


There's going to be two modes eventually:

Virgin Mode (Cannon mode) where the only sex will be with love interests. Some darker paths will be restricted.
.
Normal Mode (Sexy mode) where there will be more sex (how much more? who knows). It'll be assumed you gave your virginity to Aurren prior to the game starting so that I don't have to bother adding in a [virgin] variable/switch with dialogue for every encounter. Some lighter paths will be restricted.

1 comment:

  1. A potential thought (because when playing a female, I enjoy being able to choose when to give up her virginity), For 'Sexy Mode' require that virginity be lost to open up sex options outside of the love interests. So it starts with the same options, but after losing her virginity to whichever love interest we choose (that you feel like writing it for), then we unlock the 'Hey, I want to fuck everything I can' option.
    If you don't feel like the extra work, oh well, my loss. I should go make my own game if I don't like it right XD Serious note though, I just figured it's a way to save effort if you decide you want to go that route, as you would only need a repeating switch saying something like 'I don't want my first time to be with a stranger' or whatever phrase would best fit her character.

    Either way, thank you for your work, I look forward to seeing where this goes.

    ReplyDelete